Documents for your 341 meeting

Every bankruptcy has a 341 meeting. This is normally the only time you will meet any court official. To make things go smoothly, you need to bring certain documents to the hearing.

First: Government issued picture ID. This can be a State driver’s license, State ID card, military ID, military dependent ID and passport.

Second: Original document with your full social security number. Social Security card, original W2 or 1099, military or military dependent ID, original tax transcript from the IRS, or original pay statement with full social (check it first, most pay statements don’t have full social security numbers any more). The trustees have also accepted expired driver’s licenses with a full SSN.

If you do not have these documents at the 341 meeting, the meeting can not go forward. You will incur additional legal fees if the meeting needs to be rescheduled, so make sure you have them.

Comments are closed.